Brussels is the capital of Belgium, synonym of cabbage, waffles, birthplace of chti Manneken Pis, and the Grand Place, and is listed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO … A good destination for a day trip or a weekend . The easiest access is by Thalys.
Manneken Pis is a bronze statuette acting fountain representing a cherub peeing. Internationally renowned, almost emblem of the Belgian capital, the original statue was made in 1619 on the site of a fountain dating from 1388 Stolen repeatedly, it is now preserved in the Royal Household and adorns a copy instead. A true icon, it has an impressive amount of small outfits (over 800!), The most luxurious kitsch, some of which date back to the eighteenth century … A museum has, moreover, a sample.
The Atomium is a reproducing a building iron crystal molecule , magnified 165 billion times. The monument was made during the Universal Exhibition of 1958, held in Brussels, Heysel Park. The set, consisting of nine steel spheres 18 meters in diameter, connected to each other by rays of 3 meter diameter, 102 meters high, with a greater than 2400 tonnes; hollow, it is visited. Access to the monument is by subway.
to see and do, visit
- The museum Coudenberg, with the ruins of the old palace
- The statue of Godeffroy de Bouillon
- The Royal Palace and Park
- The Grand ‘
- The Manneken Pis
- The Atomium
- Taste waffles, buy chocolate
- The circuit of the ancient walls (guide to OT – Coudenberg)
- The Royal Museums of Fine Arts (Hieronymus Bosch, Pieter Bruegel, Magritte …)
- The Belgian Centre for Comic Strip
- The Chocolate Museum
Where is it?
- Train Thalys from Paris